Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Focus on Goals: Vision Board



I'm a huge fan of goal setting and to help me focus over the last year or so I've used a vision board as a huge part of that process.  I typically update it quarterly as I complete goals or decide that I need to change them based on where my life now.

A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life. Most often you'll see this done using magazine clippings affixed to poster board or tacked to a cork board.  I prefer to create mine digitally and I have been using PicMonkey to create it.  My digital version then becomes the desktop image on my computer, but you can also use it as the wallpaper on your phone or print it to hang it in your office.

Why do this? Simply put, we are bombarded by distractions on our computers, television, cell phones, etc. Using this type of tool can help you focus on what is important to you including:

  • Helping identify your vision and give it clarity.
  • Reinforcing your daily affirmations.
  • Keeping your attention on your goals.

Finally, another key purpose that vision boards serve is to help you stay focused. It isn’t difficult to start each day with a positive attitude – until you get out of bed and start dealing with life around you.

Regardless of what happens in your day to day life, your vision board is a constant reminder of where you want to be. This speaks to you on both conscious and subconscious levels, a vision board is one of the best tools toward keeping your mind focused on your goal, your attention on your goals, and your life headed in the direction YOU choose.

Here is a glimpse in to my 2015 Vision Board the I just revised for the second quarter of my year.  I always list some shorter term goals along with some longer term ones.  I personally only choose about six areas to focus on, but you can choose fewer or even more if you want!  Remember...it's all about you!




No comments:

Post a Comment